We know the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") is on many of our minds. As we all continue to monitor the situation very closely, we wanted to share that pet caregivers continue to be available for walking, sitting and boarding on the Wag! platform. The health and safety for pet caregivers, pet parents and their dogs are and always will be our highest priority. In situations such as this, we understand that we need to evolve the Wag! platform to help do our part to best serve you and the community as safely as possible.
Below you’ll find information on recent platform changes, including Socially Distanced Services, dedicated COVID-19 Tip Function, and our COVID-19 Resource Center and FAQs. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available.
Socially Distanced Services
Pet parents may update “How to get in” to request a service as a socially distanced service and to provide specific instructions to help limit physical interactions. Here is an example of simple measures you can take when performing socially distanced services:
- Requesting a “socially distanced service” - When requesting a walk through the Wag! platform, pet parents can update the "How to get in" section with the socially distanced service request and any relevant instructions to help limit interaction. For example: "Socially Distanced Service - I’ll have Fido ready with a harness and leash on. Please knock or message me in-app when you arrive and I’ll open the front door and hand the attached leash to you."
- Preparing your dog - Put on the dog’s harness and leash in advance of the pick-up and walk.
- Ensuring a smooth handoff - Pet parents can message their pet caregiver in-app to remind them of the request for a socially distanced service. When the pet caregiver arrives, simply hand the leash off. Lastly, remember to wash your hands before handling the leash and after both pick-up and drop-off and follow advice from public health authorities like the CDC.
Dedicated COVID-19 Tip Function
To support the pet caregiver community in defraying the cost of additional COVID-19 related safety supplies, pet parents now have the option to give a “Dedicated COVID-19 Tip.” This provides a mechanism for a pet parent to help pay for gloves, hand sanitizer, as well as any other essential equipment.
COVID-19 Resource Center and FAQs
For your informational purposes, we have created a COVID-19 Resource Center and Frequently Asked Questions article so you can keep yourself updated on the impact and best practices for you and your pets with the Wag! platform. We’ll continue to update the community on additional solutions and recommendations to help pet parents stay safe and healthy during these unique times.
We ask that pet parents and pet caregivers follow the guidance of the CDC and the below tips to help prevent the further spread of the virus:
- Pet caregivers, if you feel sick, please stay home; don’t request services on the platform.
- Pet parents, if you or a household member feel sick, please help keep pet caregivers safe.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds if soap and water are not readily available, clean hands by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, including immediately before and after a service is completed.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick, and please seek medical care if you have a fever and symptoms, such as cough and/or difficulty breathing.
We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with the Wag! community’s health and safety in mind. Our services will continue, along with 24/7 customer support, and we thank you in advance for working with us to ensure the Wag! platform operates as safely as possible.